Needle felting is a dry felting method. It is quick and easy, and inexpensive, requiring very few tools and taking up very little space. You can needle felt when you have just a few spare minutes or for hours on end.
At this hands-on workshop you will meet the llamas and alpacas that are providing their fleece for your project.
You will make:
- A cute 3 dimensional llama or alpaca from alpaca fibre
- Two dimensional shapes which are suitable for:
- Brooches/pendants, hat decoration
- greeting cards e.g. heart for Valentine’s Day card
- hanging mobiles etc
- Christmas tree decorations
- to enhance a wet felted item
- decorate fabric or clothes
- exotic patches for patchwork quilting
- functional patches – elbow pads on a wool jumper, heels in socks etc.
You will be ready to go home and start your own projects such as:
- Easter eggs, donkeys, bunnies Christmas Angels, Stars, Baubles, Santa, a nativity scene
- Wedding Bells, Bride & Groom.
- Decorations for a Greeting Card, Book Marks
- Three dimensional animals – a herd of llamas, flock of sheep, a farmyard of animals, even your own zoo… .the possibilities are endless.
We will provide:
- All materials needed for the workshop
- Tea, coffee, biscuits
- Extra materials and kits are available for purchase on the day
You will need:
- Comfortable clothes
- Your lunch
This workshop is not intended for children under 12 years of age. Older children wishing to attend must be accompanied by a parent.
For bookings, please fill out our booking form and send payment to Alpaca Magic.