After frequent requests we have decided to launch “Friends of Alpaca Magic”
Vet students, lovers of livestock, and farmers – both novice and experienced – enjoy being at Alpaca Magic and working with and learning about our peaceful and gentle alpacas, llamas and donkeys on a voluntary basis. We also welcome international volunteers.
This page is intended for long-term volunteers. If you are looking to complete a university placement, please click here
The animal-oriented chores vary considerably – from general husbandry, training, shed work, feeding, general farm work, helping at shearing to being a host at our Open Days and also off-farm events we attend.
Non animal-oriented chores include things like – general farm chores (eg fencing, tractor work) computer work, face book, working on advertising materials, hosting events, gardening etc.
Each volunteer will be screened as to what they might be good at and enjoy doing.
If you are not actually a hands-on animal person, but would like to still be A Friend of Alpaca Magic Volunteer there are still many jobs both outdoors and indoor that you may wish to do. (You won’t require any animal oriented experience if not be working with the animals.)
Why Become a “Friend of Alpaca Magic”
- You will enjoy the down to earth experience of a peaceful farm with contented animals away from city hustle & bustle.
- You will learn a lot about our alpacas, llamas & donkeys & have lots of hands-on experience
- You will most likely build up a special rapport with some of our animals
- You will be entitled to discounts on some workshops, products and services offered by Alpaca Magic
- Those who wish to bring their child or a visitor along to enjoy the Alpaca Magic experience, must first have attended at least 5 times, and have Alpaca Magic’s permission before visitors/children attend
Successful applicants will:
- Be 18 years or older
- Either have completed an Alpaca Magic workshop or have some other livestock experience (unless they are not going to work with the animals)
- Have a love of livestock
- Have a keen desire to work with animals and wish to enhance the animal’s well-being
- Be respectful of people, animals and property
- Be confident in working with people and animals
- Have a positive and cheerful attitude
- Have a gentle and peaceful nature
- Be observant of happenings around the farm
- Be reliable and trustworthy
- Preference will be given to those making a regular commitment (weekly, fortnightly, monthly etc) for at least 4 hours per visit.
Becoming a friend of Alpaca Magic
If you would like to become a Friend of Alpaca Magic please complete the form below.