THEY say “you can’t felt (or spin) alpaca fibre”. THEY ARE WRONG! Not only can it be done, but it is quite easy. Here is an opportunity to learn the basics of felt making, see how felt can be used all in a peaceful rural setting with the alpacas and llamas watching you.
In this hands-on workshop you will:
- Meet and inspect the fleece of many alpacas and llama both on and off the animals
- Learn how to select fibre that is suitable for felting and spinning, and, more importantly – what fibre to reject and why.
- How to prepare fibre and use prepared fibre for felting
- Learn how to lay out the fibre batt ready to felt
- Learn to make wet felt using a matchstick blind & curtain
- Make several pieces of felt from alpaca and llama to take home
- Learn methods of decoration
- Be able to go home and make your own felt projects
- Extra natural and dyed fibre (and carded tops) will be available for purchase
We will provide:
- Fleece for felting
- Tools needed to make the felt
- Tea and coffee
You will need:
- Your lunch
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Sensible shoes
- Rubber gloves
- A camera if you like
For bookings, please fill out our booking form and send payment to Alpaca Magic.