This workshop is not run on a regular basis. We run this workshop when there is sufficient interest. Please express your interest.
This course is intended (but not exclusive to) those who have learned to spin alpaca yarn. “I love spinning, but I need to be able to use my yarn. I want to make something that I can wear” they told me. And so the Knitting Know How and Crazy About Crochet courses were born.
Our focus is to provide hand spinners with the next step in making useful and beautiful garments to wear…..but if you are someone who just wants to crochet commercial yarn, you are welcome to become part of this series of classes.
What better way to learn the ancient art of crochet than in a rural setting surrounded by the delightful animals which have provided you with their fibre?
We invite you to come and crochet with the Llamas and Alpacas and enjoy your lesson time at “Alpaca Magic” learning this ancient and useful craft. You will meet our many Alpacas & Llamas; inspect their fleece both on the animals, off the animals (as raw fleece, carded tops, and yarn) and see why these animals are so special.
In this series of 3 classes you will be part of a supportive and friendly group at “Alpaca Magic”, and you will learn how to:
- Choose your yarn – how quality of yarn determines the finish of a garment
- What is special about alpaca fibre and alpaca yarn
- Meet the alpacas & llamas who provide their fleece as yarn
- Use hand spun yarn (if you are a hand spinner)
- Read (demystify) a Crochet Pattern
- Commercial Wool Ball Bands – How to Read Them
- Crochet the two basic stitches. Why, when & how to combine them
- Make a garment – start small and easy
- Sew your garment together
- And most importantly – Have fun
- Printed instructions
- Crochet hook
- 50 gm ball practice yarn
- Yarn to crochet
Tea and coffee is provided. Extra raw alpaca fibre, carded alpaca fibre and 100% super soft alpaca yarn is available for purchase.
NSW Covid Regulations –
As per NSW Government Covid Safe Regulations all attendees over the age of 16yrs to public events must be fully vaccinated or be the holder of a medical exemption.