IN THE INTEREST OF PUBLIC SAFETY AND IN COMPLIANCE WITH RECOMMENDATIONS BY THE GOVERNMENT REGARDING LARGE EVENTS, OUR OPEN DAY (OCTOBER 31ST ) HAS UNFORTUNATELY BEEN POSTPONED. OUR NEXT OPEN DAY WILL BE MARCH 27TH 2022
Our Open Day and Annual Reduction Sale is held twice a year, in Spring and Autumn. The event is free of charge, no bookings are necessary.
Please arrive anytime between 11am-3pm, and one of our friendly staff will be more than happy to show you around our farm & answer any of your questions. As usual, our alpacas and llamas (and their babies!) will be roaming in amongst all our guests around the house. Everyone is more than welcome to get up close with our darling llamas & alpacas, give them lots of cuddles, feed them carrots, and take lots of selfies! We’ll have experienced guides available all throughout the day to assist anyone that’s a little nervous.
We will also have experienced donkey tour guides allowing guests up close & personal access to our lovely donkeys. They will be available to answer any questions you may have about these animals and how to care for them. Please note: as donkeys struggle to tell the difference between carrots & fingers, unfortunately we do not permit feeding of our donkeys.
This year we’ll have our regular spinning demonstrations, and will also have a stall selling not only bags of carrots, but llama pens, llama key rings, llama plush toys, alpaca magic badges, and felted llama fridge magnets. This stall has eftpos capabilities, so don’t stress if you’ve spent all your cash on sausage sandwiches!
Feel free to bring a picnic basket and stretch out in the garden, or bring a few coins to buy a sausage sandwich or some baked goods from the Lions Club of Brindabella, who will be running the barbecue.
Please note: Families with small children are more than welcome at our open days. However, as our animals will mixed in with our guests, we ask that children are well supervised and understand the importance of being respectful of our animals.
Open Day Events and Demonstrations:
- Meet our herd of over 200 llamas, alpacas, and llapacas – including our new crias (alpaca and llama babies)
- Meet our herd of miniature galloways & donkeys
- Learn the differences between alpacas and llamas and the advantages of each (Llama Magic is the first and largest llama stud breeder in NSW)
- Inspect our llamas and alpacas for sale. We have babies, wethers, pregnant females, investment and starter packages to suit all budgets
- Ask about our ezy payment plan (you too can enjoy owning an exotic and beautiful llama or alpaca)
- Book into one of our many livestock or fibre craft workshops
- View one of our many crafting demonstrations such as felting or spinning, and even give it a go yourself
- See our new Roberta electronic spinning machines in action (we are the local Distributors)
- Feel the luxury of alpaca and llama fibre – both on and off the animal
- Purchase raw fibre, carded fibre, spun fibre, and/or knitted goods made from the fibre of our animals
- Explore the environmental, management and investment potential our our animals (and you don’t even need to own a farm). We can agist (board) your llama or alpaca for you
- Have fun, ask questions and learn more about the management and husbandry of alpacas and llamas in an informal and friendly atmosphere
- Ask about becoming a “Friend of Alpaca Magic” (volunteer)
- Enter our lucky gate contest – lots of prizes to be won
- Bring your own picnic lunch or partake of the sausage sizzle
For more information, or if the Open Day is not suitable for you we would welcome your phone call on 02 6230 3311 or your email to arrange a mutually suitable appointment, perhaps a twilight visit one weekday?