This workshop will be run when there is sufficient interest. Please fill out our expression of interest form to let us know you’re interested.
In order to do this class you must have completed the Introductory Felting Class.
The term “Nuno” refers to fine felt applied to a fine knitted or woven fabric – usually silk, cotton or wool. Nuno is often used to produce beautiful scarves and wraps but its possibilities are many. We will discuss possible designs for the Nuno project in previous workshops.
In this workshop you will:
- Learn of the many projects suitable for Nuno felting
- Learn the technique of Nuno felting
- Felt a pattern onto fine muslin fabric using alpaca, llama, wool and/or silk
- Produce a garment during the workshop to take home
We will provide:
- Fleece for felting
- Cream coloured cotton muslin fabric (black or white silk is available at extra cost)
- Tools needed to make the felt
- Morning and afternoon tea
You will need:
- Your lunch
- To let us know, prior to the workshop, your colour scheme
- Have a in design mind for your Nuno project
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Sensible shoes
- Rubber gloves
- A camera if you like