This workshop is not run on a regular basis. We run this workshop when there is sufficient interest. Please express your interest.
This workshop is designed for students who are already reasonably proficient at spinning.
During the day we will cover the following areas of spinning and designing yarn and take your spinning prowess to a new level.
You will learn:
- methods of blending different fibres and colours
- how to make multi coloured rolags from solid coloured fibre
- how to design a yarn for any project – from 5 ply to a lopi style 14 ply singles yarn.
- how to spin specialty yarns such as boucle, slub, wrap, and plying of different thickness and content.
- how to handle extra long and extra short fibres
- spinning yarn with different amounts of twist and thickness.
You will need:
- Your spinning wheel (or you can use one of the Roberta Electronic wheels if you wish)
- 3 x empty bobbins to suit your wheel
- Your lunch
We will provide:
- Raw alpaca in several colours for you to card
- Carded alpaca
- Specialty fibres to blend
- Special fine yarn for plying
- Tea, coffee, biscuits
Extra fibre is available for sale on the day if you would like some.
You will take home several samples of exotic yarn you have spun.