This workshop is not run on a regular basis. We run this workshop when there is sufficient interest. Please express your interest.
Alpaca and Llama fibre comes in a range of beautiful natural colours; however both white and coloured fibre can be dyed to produce a never ending range of beautiful colours.
Often dyeing fibre, yarn or a finished product is the only way to achieve the exact shade of colour that you desire.
In this workshop we will:
- Explore both cold and hot water dyes for protein (animal) fibres
- Make samples of dyed fibre. Each sample will be small (around 50 gm, but large enough to be usable)
- Learn about basic colour theory
- Learn to use colour wheels
- Dye various fibres – alpaca, llama, wool, silk
- Dye yarn and fabric
We will provide:
- Fibre for dyeing
- Tools for dyeing
- Morning and afternoon tea
You will need:
- Clothes you don’t mind getting dirty
- Sensible shoes
- Rubber gloves
- A camera if you like
- Your lunch
For bookings, please download the WORKSHOP APPLICATION FORM and send it, together with your cheque, to Alpaca Magic.